This position is 100% Onsite: Tampa, FL
The SQL Database Administrator leads all aspects of the SQL database infrastructure, you will be responsible for ensuring that the systems design and operation meet all the JCSE customer’s database needs. You will be working with a team of forward thinking, innovative, and highly motivated System Administrators dedicated to implementing and leveraging the latest capabilities of Database Engineering and Administration support.
- Provide Database Engineering support to design, operate, maintain, optimize/tune, and document Microsoft SQL Database Systems.
- Isolate and resolve simple and complex database problems within the enterprise as well as design, installation, operation, application of security policies, vulnerability analysis and remediation, and the documentation of current database environment and any future changes.
- Work independently and across IT functional boundaries (other network administrators, system administrators, database administrators, etc.) with configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrade and system management of database components and other systems to maintain maximum operability to meet critical mission objectives.
- Provide database administration support in terms of installing, configuring, maintaining security, installing patches, and performing necessary upgrades to keep all network devices up-to-date and secure to include physical patching and software.
- Accountable for maintaining daily operations, monitoring, problem identification/resolution of server/systems, applications, operating systems and analyzing activity and performance ensuring system/application is providing optimum performance and availability.
- Perform RMF and re-accreditation actions such as DISA STIG review, system upgrades, vulnerability scan remediation, and detailed documentation during the system’s accreditation cycle.
- MCSE – Business Applications (consider – MCSA SQL Database Administration, MCSA SQL Database Development)
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CompTIA Security+ce, CCNA Security, CySA+, etc.)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with 4 or more years of practical Database Administration experience; specific years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Clearance: Secret