The Homeland Security Solutions Operation is seeking a Biometrics Technical Lead with strong systems, software, cloud AWS, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Biometrics development and operations and maintenance. The Biometrics Technical Lead will be part of an exciting ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team based SecDevOps approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
This position interacts with business, management, end users and agile delivery teams. This position works with the agile delivery team taking the lead in Biometrics initiatives, modernization, migration to the cloud, gathering, refining, documenting business needs and requirements.
- Perform as the Biometrics technical expert to deliver knowledge and direction for the design, development, implementation, sustainment, and Cloud migration of all Biometrics initiatives.
- Deliver Biometrics technology innovation strategies to enhance the future of the Biometrics operations.
- Direct the innovation and modernization of Biometrics solutions by interacting with the industry and other related forums. Deliver white papers with recommended Biometrics upgrades and improvements.
- Collaborate with product owner, development team on the requirement elicitation, documentation in JIRA epic/stories/features and acceptance criteria in fast-paced agile environment.
- Work with product owners to refine, groom and prioritize issue backlog.
- Work with development teams to flesh out technical and QA requirements.
- Continuously monitor, identify risks, and risk mitigations activities, and capture team performance reports.
- Influence and foster automated testing to reduce testing errors.
- Collaborates with the team on understanding the requirements and properly developing and testing functionality.
- Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas.
- Adopt to new ways of working, socializing, and collaborating with stakeholders and understanding their business goals.
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and is able to work independently with little supervision.
- Solid experience – hands-on -in Biometrics technologies, designs, and integration points.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse agile teams, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies, specifically with AWS.
- Experience with migrating applications to the Cloud.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and SecDevOps practices.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban, supporting Agile efforts.
- At least five (5) years of experience writing user stories, slicing features, using test suites, and maintaining issue backlog
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops.
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, and ServiceNow required.
- BA/BS degree and 12 years or more of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must currently possess an active DHS Full BI or DoD Top Secret security clearance