Clearance Level: Must have an active Secret Clearance
Education Level: Bachelors of Arts - Experience may be considered in place of education requirement
The Platform Services Engineer shall have senior software engineering experience building and operating hybrid-infrastructure developer platforms (private and commercial cloud infrastructure) at an individual contributor level. The most successful candidate has prior experience deploying Kubernetes in multiple ways and supporting automation of platform management at enterprise scale. The engineer should have experience developing platform APIs that make common software operations scalable and repeatable. The engineer will feel comfortable maintaining the underlying services required to host containerized applications. The engineer should be at least a mid to senior level engineer capable of mentoring junior developers and engineers. The engineer should also possess effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent industry experience.
- Three-plus (3+) years of experience developing production software leveraging modern languages (including: Java, Python, Go, NodeJS, etc.)
- One-plus (1+) years of experience developing containerized services deployed in production on orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, etc.
- Three-plus (3+) years of experience with agile and lean software development philosophies
- One-plus (1+) years of experience working with relational and/or non-relational databases e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch etc.
- Two-plus (2+) years of demonstrated experience with modern version control systems such as Git, Subversion, Mercurial, etc.
- Clearable to a SECRET or above security clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ CE or other DoD 8570 IAT II certification
- Five-plus (5+) years of experience leading teams building and developing containerized services deployed in production on orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Five-plus (5+) years of experience building developer platform services and APIs that scale in production.
- Five-plus (5+) years of experience building production services using Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud.