- Design, and implement high-performance, resilient, scalable, modular code in Java.
- Enhancement and maintenance development for new features and projects, as well as existing applications using Java.
- Adhere to and help inform team’s existing software development guidelines.
- Develop, Enhance, Customize, Support, and Maintain code as per design and coding standards.
- Collaborate with the product team for enhancements and implementations.
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews.
- Documents processes, user manuals, and guides.
- Provide technical guidance, advise and mentor other developers within the team.
- Minimum 7+ years of related experience in software development, design, and architectural principles.
- Expert in Object oriented design and development, data structures and design patterns.
- Experience with Agile framework methodologies such as Scrum and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout all software development lifecycle.
- Able to take high-level requirements and decompose into tasks.
- Extensive experience with Java 11+, SpringBoot 2 or MVC, JDBC, Hibernate, JPA, JetBrains IDE or Eclipse Web Services (XML, SOAP/RESTful).
- Experience with RDMS and database design, optimization, and troubleshooting (PostgreSQL)
- Ability to lead code reviews and expert understanding of version control systems such as GIt, BitBucket, etc.
- Experience with Automated unit tests (i.e. jUnit, jsTestDriver, mocks) and TDD.
- Knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how to address them.
- Experience with native cloud based development.
- Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ Years NoSQL development and design with tech such as MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- 3+ Years of experience with development using AWS Serverless technologies, or similar cloud native technology.
- 5+ years of API design and development following industry standards.
- 5+ years design and development using a MicroService architecture.