Clearance Requirement: Must hold active DoD Secret clearance
- Under the direction of the Government Information System Security Manager (ISSM) the ISSO specific responsibilities will include:
- Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD regulations.
- Develop and update assessment and authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
- Use knowledge of the Information System (IS) and demonstrate understanding of established Information Assurance requirements validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
- Initiate the authorization or re-authorization efforts and process for new or expiring systems and coordinate, schedule, and attend required meetings
- Serve as the System ISSO for various JSP systems
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
- Author and review IS security-related documentation and submit to eMASS.
- Provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Establish system specific recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the ISSM of the security relevance.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures for use by members of the ISSO team
- Support the ISSO Team Lead in conducting lessons learned activities to improve the overall productivity and efficiency of the ISSO team
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, or related discipline and 8+ years of direct experience; or Master’s degree and 6+ years of experience. Additional relevant/specialized training and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAT Level II, e.g. Security + w/CE prior to start.
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DSS, etc.)
- Experience creating and/or updating a project management plan
- Possess and demonstrate superb customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks along with extensive knowledge and experience in specialized area of expertise, especially as it relates to the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Hands-on experience conducting vulnerability assessment and analysis utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance
- Substantial experience conducting security audits of information systems.
- Extensive training or experience with Windows based Information Systems standards with a working knowledge of LINUX & Solaris operating systems.
- Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification