Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain DHS clearance.
Our client provides management consulting and IT services that empower enterprises to achieve their business goals in today's highly competitive market. Our goal is to seamlessly integrate into each customer's organization to fully understand their business and technology needs. This approach allows us to quickly deliver high quality solutions while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction on time and within budget. By choosing CMCI, you are choosing a company that can deliver on business outcomes and mission needs in the most cost-effective manner and without sacrificing capability. As a part of CMCI's culture of loyalty and commitment to its employees, CMCI is committed to provide a tremendous career path by promoting employees to their highest potential.
The System Administrator will have direct oversight and accountability for all applications and hardware maintenance and troubleshooting activities typically applicable through various process and procedures. In this capacity, the System Engineer will be deeply engaged in the daily operations, incident management, and resolution activities.
- Analyzes and develops computer systems possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business, and records management functions.
- Develops plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyzes user interfaces, maintain hardware and software performance tuning, analyze workload and computer usage, maintain interfaces with outside systems, analyze downtimes, analyze proposed system modifications, upgrades, and new COTS.
- Analyzes the problem and the information to be processed.
- Defines the problem, and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
- Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules.
- Coordinates with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations.
- Provides or assists in application administration, application patching/upgrades, and security remediation, executing approved scripts, maintaining various environments, and monitoring system performance.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry as Systems Administrator
- Working knowledge of scripting and creating commands
- Working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, and Oracle
- Working knowledge of Linux, Unix, and Windows
- Working knowledge of AppDynamics, Splunk, and Dynatrace
- Working knowledge of AWS maintenance and support
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks on a fast moving and challenging environment.