Clearance Requirement: US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DHS/CBP clearance. (Current or prior clearance with DHS or DoD preferred).
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR), jointly with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) OPR, maintain oversight over allegations reported to the Joint Intake Center (JIC) which serves as the central “clearinghouse” for receiving, processing, and tracking allegations of misconduct involving ICE personnel and contractors as well as CBP’s workforce of over 60,000. To manage these allegations, OPR utilizes a Case Management System (CMS) named the Joint Integrity Case Management System (JICMS). CBP OPR seeks a team in support of the Reporting and Development Program (RDP) which will review OPR’s current business and workflow processes and collaborate with CBP JICMS developers, OPR leadership and end users to identify and implement modernization enhancements which close process and data gaps while ensuring quality assurance of reported data.
- Utilize Business Intelligence tools to analyze data, interpret results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Prioritize business and information needs by working with management, end users, and Subject Matter Experts
- Ability to analyze current and legacy data from systems to provide meaningful metrics, reports and trend analysis to the leadership
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, quality, and customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Communicating ideas and viewpoints to senior management
- Leverage an Agile Development best practices in project activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, or any related field
- 10+ Years of relevant work experience supporting complex projects
- Experience with data management, data analysis concepts, identify and analyze trends in complex data patterns
- Experience with data analytics tools including Python, R, SQL, VBA. Advance Microsoft Excel techniques, Microsoft Power BI, Qlik and Tableau
- Ability to collect, analyze, and visualize data using multiple authoritative data sources and appropriate data visualization tools
- Ability to use MS Excel functions, including pivot tables, to perform detailed analyses with large data sets
- Knowledge of data collection and data visualization concepts
- Experience with presenting, briefing, or communicating analytical findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to develop presentations, reports, and other documents in a clear, concise manner
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies