Clearance Requirement: Must be US Citizen and should be able to obtain DHS FEMA clearance.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of Data Migration for multiple systems: analysis, design, implementation, testing, validation, and acceptance.
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to understand the data migration needs and requirements and troubleshoot data inconsistencies that might arise.
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS and SQL technologies
- Working with stakeholders including data, design, product, and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Develop logical and conceptual data models.
- Develop data migration strategies and plans.
- Develop scripts to extract, transform and load data.
- Perform data analysis and cleansing activities to ensure data quality, as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to data migration.
- Participate in data migration testing including data-level validation and application-level validation.
- Document data migration processes, procedures, and outcome.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of work experience with a combination of data modeling, ETL, database operations, data services, data analytics, ETL and data migration tools.
- 5+ years of work experience with coding in one of mainstream programming languages: Python, Java, Node.js etc.
- Experience in design and development of ETL process using AWS ETL tools like AWS DMS, Glue, Athena, AWS Aurora PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience in designing data migration solutions, archival processes, and reconciliation.
- Experience with data quality checks, data de-duplication and data validation processes.
- Perform data migration audit, reconciliation, and exception reporting.
- Experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience operating production workloads on Oracle/PostgreSQL (preferred)
- Solid understanding of data elements and their relationships between the source and target systems
- Experience working on real-time data and streaming applications.
- Experience with NoSQL implementation (DynamoDB, Mongo, Cassandra)