To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles as they relate to Cisco routing and switching administration.
To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain advanced functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
High-Level Skills Required:
Highly skilled in implementation, operations and troubleshooting across relevant networking disciplines (Nexus, ACI, Routing and Switching) in a large multi data center, multi campus enterprise environment interfacing with application development and systems teams.
- Works independently with limited guidance.
- Solution oriented self-starter.
- Technical Leadership
- Advanced Presentation skills to technical and executive audiences.
- Clear, concise, effective and timely communication skills.
- Complex Incident/Problem Troubleshooting of entire technology stack across enterprise.
- Small Projects and Work Requests
- System Upgrades and Vulnerability Remediation
- Technical Process documentation
- Develop Network Diagrams with operations focus
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications (all required unless otherwise noted):
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Working knowledge of engineering discipline
- Problem Solving
- LAN Knowledge
- Network Design and Implementation
- Network Troubleshooting
- Network Hardware Configuration
- Network Performance Tuning
- Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Effective skill guiding and training less experienced staff
- CCIE (Routing/Switching, Datacenter, Security, etc.) or equivalent