To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
This position will be part of the Admin/Security System Support team responsible for the systems used by the various business teams within NFCU with the following responsibilities:
- Full life-cycle project management
- Risk, Issue and Change management
- Scope of responsibility – work to understand and maintain assigned applications. Enhance the service by increased monitoring to ensure best performance for our business partners.
- Apply engineering principles to the design and enhancement of new and existing systems
- Document new system components or modifications to existing components
- Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions by adhering to Navy Federal, industry engineering, and Information Security compliance standards and practices
- Perform and communicate engineering tasks and assignments in support of business
- Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
- Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions
- Translate business needs into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of internal customers
- Lead complex or high severity troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions by collaborating with multiple other teams
- Experience with server-based application support and maintenance requirements, (Physical and Virtual server environments) such as vulnerability patching, access control, major/minor version upgrades and controlled change window cycles
- Experience with Security or Infrastructure control applications such as AMAG, Trane Tracer, ALC WebCrtl, Entre.
- Experience with SQL, Toad, Splunk, and Alert/Event monitoring a plus.
- Prod Support primary skills and Windows and AIX server platforms are a plus, ability to read and understand event/application logs to diagnose and further troubleshooting efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Working knowledge of engineering discipline
- Advanced communication and presentation software skills
- Advanced research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Effective skill guiding and training less experienced staff
- Effective collaboration skills with other distributed support groups