The Technology Engineering and Operations department is seeking a talented and self-motivated Cloud Operations Engineer with a proven track record in deploying, engineering, and operations hybrid-cloud solutions for enterprise environments. The ideal candidate will have successfully implemented solutions based on fit-for-use, i.e. business continuity; service level agreements; availability; capacity; security; as well as, configured cloud infrastructure for new services. Candidates will enjoy working as both an individual contributor and in a collaborative, team environment.
This is a remote position with the flexible working hours of 8am- 5pm.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Provides operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Performs IT functions such as analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Performs troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintains in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Develops custom reports to meet the business needs.
- Drive continual service improvement.
- Prepares systems assessments or certifications.
- Executes test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in information technology.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with a cloud platform preferably: Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% to attend a conference or a training/meeting at various JHA locations.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in systems administration, architecture, or engineering.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience engineering enterprise scale solutions.
- Experience migrating workloads between clouds.
- Experience with scripting and/or automation (i.e. PowerShell, Bash, Python, Dome9, Terraform, etc.).
- Experience with networking concepts (i.e. subnetting, protocols, WAN connectivity, virtual networks).
- Experience with cloud security & governance (i.e. ACLs / Firewalls / Policy).
- Experience using source code repositories like GitHub.
- Experience with Linux in an enterprise setting (i.e. RHEL, CentOS, Fedora).
- Experience with industry frameworks and methodologies: ITIL/Agile/Scrum/DevOps/SRE.
- Experience with the Financial Services Industry and regulated environments.
- Experience diagramming solutions and documenting processes and standards.