The Homeland Security Solutions Operation is seeking an Oracle/Postgres SME with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands-on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverable of projects through all aspects of the software development life cycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
• BA/BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
• 10+ years of Strong Oracle DBA experience, Oracle PLSQL, Oracle SQL
• Migration of Oracle to AWS, preferably in PostGres/Aurora or any other AWS databases
• Knowledge of software design patterns.
• Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
• Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with DevOps frameworks.
• Must be able to maintain and obtain a CBP Background Investigation prior to start