Clearance: Must be a US citizen and should be eligible for DHS clearance.
Our client is looking for a hands-on DevOps Engineer to be part of a growing team to analyze procedures, design, and implement solutions to attain high data quality and process automation. The ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented solutions that include not only the code that services business functionality, but the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it. The candidate will also possess technical skills and experience in the virtual infrastructure domain in particular AWS and have knowledge and experience with continuous delivery systems.
The DevOps Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the organization. The DevOps Engineer must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement to efficiently deliver solutions frequently with quality.
- Write code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
- As an Automation engineer, analyze, design and implement strategies for continuous deployments while ensuring high availability on the development, pre-production and production environments.
- Maintain services (and supporting cloud infrastructure) once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Establish strategy/toolset/framework for automating testing of services and products, develop best practices for test automation and develop test suites,
- Design, develop and implement solutions based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives,
- Must be a US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for specific suitability for CBP/USCIS.
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication