Our client is looking for a Senior Operations and Maintenance Systems Engineer with strong systems and software experience to support a complex DHS effort.
- Troubleshoot application production problems and provide solutions promptly.
- Manage logs and produce scripts to automate log reporting and analysis.
- Supporting applications operating within the AWS Cloud environment.
- Produce Linux and Windows scripts to help with application troubleshooting.
- Monitor production databases, applications, and virtual environment 24x7x365.
- This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
- Support the O&M on-call rotation, including nights and weekends.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must currently possess an active Top-Secret clearance; OR can obtain and maintain a CBP Full Background Investigation before starting.
- BS/BA Degree with 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a master’s degree with 6+ years of previous relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in System Engineering with Linux and UNIX systems.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, and Dynatrace.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Solid experience with Linux and Windows scripting.
- Experience with web applications and relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgresSQL).
- Solid experience with Linux and UNIX troubleshooting and configuration.
- Solid Oracle engineering skills.
- Top Secret Clearance or DHS Full BI