This Data Engineer (Cloud Analytics) will support data sourcing strategies, designs, and implementation for Navy Federal Enterprise Cloud Data Lake by designing, building, and integrating data from various sources in support of predictive and adaptive analytics.
Required (Individual Role):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Hands-on experience creating automated data pipelines using modern technology stacks for batch ETL, data streaming, or change data capture, and for data processing to load advanced analytics data repositories
- Proficient in designing and implementing data integration processes in a large, distributed environment using cloud services e.g., Azure Event Hub, Data Factory, Data Catalog, Databricks, Stream Analytics, Apache Spark
- Experience in designing data lake storage structures, data acquisition, transformation, and distribution processing
- Proficient in developing and operationalizing various data distribution patterns such as APIs, event based, publish/subscribe models
- Experience migrating data lakes from on-premises to cloud
- Experience using the Apache Hadoop technology stack
- Advanced experience in SQL programming
- Proficient in programming languages (e.g., Python, Java)
- Experience with agile delivery using Jira, or Azure DevOps
- Experience monitoring performance of data workflows and infrastructure through use of monitoring tools and enabling alerts
- Functional knowledge of data visualization tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.