Contractor – Systems Analyst and Tester
The ideal candidate supporting the Real Estate Lending (REL) Intelligent Automation team is an experienced analyst, tester and team player that is passionate about cross-team collaboration and committed to lifelong learning, possessing the ability to apply their knowledge, skills, and experience to solve complex/real-world problems.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Must have 6 or more years of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT environment, performing all tasks related to manual and automated testing.
- Experience developing and implementing efficient and effective testing strategies, test conditions and test scripts for projects related to Mortgage.
- Proven ability to ensure appropriate testing coverage and requirements traceability through the creation, implementation and enhancement of comprehensive test plans, test cases/user stories, test steps and test automation
- Experience defining clear expectations for all testing tasks, including inputs and outputs
- Review functional requirements, data definitions, business processes, and business rules to develop test plans.
- Participate in requirements-gathering meetings and working sessions.
- Provide feedback on draft requirements with the goal of ensuring they are testable.
- Proven ability to decompose requirements into detailed test cases for functional and regression test execution
- Experience developing and executing test plans, test cases, scripts, and creating test data for Agile Software Development team; including functional, integration, regression, data integrity and stress testing as well as assisting with user acceptance
- Identify and map specific requirements to test scripts.
- Identify and set up test data as needed for new features or enhancements.
- Responsible for defect tracking and reporting.
- Record all testing results as pass/fail, detailing defect descriptions, defect type, defect severity and priority; clarifying defect descriptions during defect meetings, during developer clarification meetings and clarify defect descriptions.
- Retest to validate fixes to reported defects during UAT, documenting pass/fail and defect description if retest fails.
- Document defects and issues found during SIT, UAT and PROD
- Participate in UAT kickoff meetings, demos, and status meetings.
- Conduct regression testing during UAT based on the scope of the release.
- Technical proficiency with SQL including the ability to create queries to validate data integrity and other data constraints
- Participate in lessons learned sessions with team members.
- Ability to write and review detailed documentation (technical specifications, weekly/monthly reports, meeting notes, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), excellent time management skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision as well as working with a team.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience performing systems analysis and/or business process analysis.
- Experience performing QA, user acceptance testing and/or independent verification and validation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage
- Understanding of software testing types and methods to support Agile Software Development