Clearance: Active DoD Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance
- Support an existing Oracle Database implementation in a DBA role.
- Develop, manage and implement AWS cloud database migration strategy to move full-stack, on premise COTS and GOTS applications (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) into the cloud.
- Define, develop and implement automated and repeatable processes to meet data requirements, including those for availability, reliability, confidentiality, integrity, performance, scalability, auditing and security.
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain data models for complex applications.
- Provide routine maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution for production and non-production databases, including security and software updates.
- Design and implement performance improvements based on analysis of database performance.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years’ experience performing DBA responsibilities and minimum two years of experience in an Oracle DBA role. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date.
- Experience defining and implementing database management policies, including those for data management, security, auditing, backup, recovery, high availability and upgrades.
- Experience defining, developing and implementing automated and repeatable processes for database automation (monitoring/alerting, backup, recovery, high availability, upgrades, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of SQL and experience designing, developing and troubleshooting database stored procedures in PL/SQL.
- Data modeling experience, including the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of data models for complex applications.
- Experience defining, developing and implementing policies for schema conversions, upgrades and versioning.
- Experience providing routine maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backups/recovery, user administration and problem resolution for production and non-production databases, including security and software updates.
- Experience with data migration and data replication.
- Experience with database administration from a UNIX/Linux command line environment.
- Experience successfully working as part of a cross-functional agile development team, interacting effectively with developers, systems engineers, data engineers, system stakeholders, and the customer.
- Experience securing data, applications and integrations in accordance with DoD security policies, including STIGs and NIST RMF, to ensure protection of data at rest and in transit.
- Hands-on experience successfully migrating data from on premise applications to a public cloud, preferably using AWS DMS (Database Migration Services) tools to migrate to AWS.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Data Guard and/or Golden Gate.
- Experience converting Oracle PL/SQL logic to alternate platforms.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing DevOps (including infrastructure as code) and site reliability engineering principles in an AWS environment.
- UNIX shell scripting experience.
- Experience versioning data models and database management/upgrade scripts with standard software CM tools, such as Git.
- Hold an active security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP.