To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
- This position will be part of SMD System Support team responsible for the systems used by the credit union’s Savings & Membership Department with the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for Full life-cycle project management of server based applications used by the Savings & Membership Department.
- Provide on-call support in the instances of outages as well as be available for change and deployment scheduled work.
- Work with and be part of project teams. This role will collaborate with various teams such as engineering, networking, database administration, enterprise data management, enterprise architecture, data center operations, application owners, project management, and compliance to develop and maintain applications.
- Apply engineering principles into the design and enhancement of new and existing systems
- Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
- Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions including compliance with Navy Federal, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
- Perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs
- Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
- Present clear, organized and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions
- Lead complex or high severity troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with multiple other teams
- Translate business needs into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of internal customers
- Perform other duties and or special projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years of information technology experience focusing on operational experience implementing and supporting encryption and key management solutions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in database, networking, storage and system administration is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Linux system Administration and shell programming
- Experience with SQL, Toad, Splunk, and Alert/Event monitoring a plus.
- Prod Support primary skills and Windows and AIX server platforms are a plus.
- Experience with server based applications support and maintenance needs, (Both Physical and Virtual server environments) such as vulnerability patching, access control, major/minor version upgrades and controlled change window cycles.
- Full systems engineering lifecycle experience (Requirements, Analysis, System design, Build, Monitoring, Support procedures).
- Should be able to work as team member as well as independently, Be a mentor/trainer to Junior level co-worker.