Cyber Security Engineer IV – Database Activity Monitoring (DAM)
This position is for a Cyber Security Engineer IV with a concentration on Database Activity Monitoring (DAM). The right candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in DAM technologies (e.g. Imperva or IBM Guardium) and have prior experience and knowledge of relational database platforms and respective security.
The role involves project leadership, solution engineering, and hands on operational support of enterprise DAM solution monitoring over 4000 databases.
The position expectations require weekly work of 40 hours, generally 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, and will require nights and/or weekends based on project, changes, and on-call needs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide process development, lifecycle management, vulnerability management and assist with change management for DAM solution
- Support day-to-day Operations relative to DAM solution
- Support project work relative to area of focus
- Serve in a lead role on system upgrades
- Serve in a lead role on net-new deployments
- Serve in a lead role during troubleshooting efforts
- Partner and liaison with CSOC teams
- Look for automation and reporting opportunities that will deliver value to key stakeholders
- Develop quarterly status reports
- Perform assessments and make recommendations to improve monitoring and performance.
- Interact with equipment vendors, Information Technology, Engineers, field resources, and control center resources.
- Perform Quality Control inspections to ensure project completion.
- Strong team player, able to communicate and show leadership amongst teams of similarly knowledgeable specialists and Engineers.
- Experience working with Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior role managing DAM solutions
- At least 5 years’ experience working with relational database platforms
- At least 5 years’ experience working and collaborating with CSOC teams
- Proficient and professional verbal and written communication, including group training
- Minimum (3-5) years’ experience with Imperva DAM
- Minimum (3-5) years’ experience with IBM Guardium DAM
- Minimum (3-5) years’ experience with database security
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Active CISSP Certification