Clearance Requirement: Must be US Citizen and should be able to obtain DHS FEMA clearance.
- Collaborate with multiple teams for the delivery of Data Migration for multiple systems: analysis, design, implementation, testing, validation, and acceptance.
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in distributed microservices, data migration, and AWS services.
- Utilize programming languages like Java, Python and Open-Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and AWS cloud based ETL services such as AWS Glue.
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance.
- Participate in data migration testing including data-level validation and application-level validation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) practices, principles, and techniques as they apply to the Agile development process.
- Expertise in ETL, Python, PostgreSQL experience and Cloud Data Migration (on-prem to cloud) add AWS.
- Experience with data loading tools and techniques, as well as an understanding of the target system's data model and requirements
- Ability to define and document customer business processes and report/dashboard content needs including business process diagrams, data maps, and data modeling.
- Expert in Shell scripting including but not limited to regular expressions, and automating tasks and make repeatable data extraction/load processes.
- Experience creating custom ETL using Python, Node.JS, other scripting tools.
- Ability to analyze source data for potential data quality issues and address these issues.
- Strong desire to learn new skills, embed with a team and solicit ideas.