M-F, 8:30AM-5:00PM Eastern core hours w/ ability to provide On Call support and work outside core workday when circumstances warrant (flex schedule will be permitted).
HQ Hybrid position w/ 4 days a week working at home/remote and 1 day in the office (at HQ2).
- The Digital DevOps Engineer will join the Digital Engineering organization focused on delivering rapid, incremental capabilities to the Cloud that improve the member/user experience and drive value to Navy Federal. The Digital DevOps Engineer will become a member of the Digital DevOps & Release team that provides horizontal support to all Digital Engineering/Experience teams.
- To support and participate in Digital’s Agile development and engineering activities throughout the lifecycle and drive DevOps automation and strategies that align with industry best practices.
- To collaborate with Product owners, developers, cloud engineers, DevOps engineers and operations to plan, design, test and deliver pipelines using a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model and ensure Digital’s applications are ready for seamless production transition and successful operations.
- Manage, build, configure, administer, operate and maintain all components that comprise the Azure DevOps environment
- Work with Experience Teams to integrate their products into the DevOps environment
- Design, build, and implement pipelines and configurations
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate tool/service deployment to the Azure cloud environment through Azure DevOps Pipeline and Release.
- Enforce quality controls and gates to the build, test, and deploy process while establishing Definition of Ready and Definition of Done to ensure quality of delivery
- Ensure monitoring and alerting is implemented for products/services in accordance with current guidelines
- Participate in discussions/efforts with Information Security to augment the CI/CD framework with DevSecOps practices and standardized security tools and controls
- Participate in discussions with engineering teams on current processes and capabilities and how they can be improved
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of Digital Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure or similar Cloud native offerings
- Hands on automation skills and significant experience in creating CI/CD pipelines leveraging cloud native architectures on Microsoft Azure Cloud and Infrastructure as Code for enterprise applications
- Experience supporting Hybrid Cloud architectures.
- Experience with Agile Delivery, SAFe, and DevOps frameworks
- Experience with Microservices deployment and release management
- Experience with Azure DevOps tools for plan, build, test, release and monitor
- Experience with Gitflow branching model.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, or other container technologies.
- Experience with scripting using PowerShell and Bourne shell
- Hands on experience with implementing standards and best practices for the CI/CD framework
- Knowledge of security scanning and monitoring tools like Checkmarx, BlackDuck, SonaQube, Contrast, Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics and Diagnostic
- Extensive experience with scripting and debugging on Linux and Windows environments
- Understanding of Test Automation tools and scripts to facilitate Test Driven Development
- Understanding of integrated package management with support for Maven, npm, NuGet, or ANT
- Experience with automated Change Management using modernized solutions like ServiceNow
- Expert analytical/quantitative, problem-solving, and deductive reasoning skills, with demonstrated experience performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis of complex technical issues
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment to manage concurrent priorities and meet deadlines
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and ability to present findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
- Experience working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors with demonstrated ability to build effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
- Desired - Prior experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, Tanzu Application Service (TAS)/Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and Backbase platforms
- Desired – Prior experience working with API Integration platform using IBM DataPower, Azure API Management and Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Desired - Good understanding of core java and spring framework (Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Contract)
- Desired - Good understanding of Test Driven Development
- Desired - Microsoft® Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or Azure DevOps Engineer Expert or Azure Developer Associate
- Desired – Experience with the banking/financial services industry
- Desired - Knowledge of Navy Federal business processes and applications